Nordic Unmanned is growing exponentially and looking for an ambitious and innovative Vice President for our new Technical and Training department. The VP will be a central player in bringing Nordic Unmanned to the next step in our growth journey. The VP is accountable for managing and developing the Technical and Training department and delivering the activites necessary to meet all targets according to Nordic Unmanned’s quality standards.
The Vice President reports directly to the COO and Accountable Manager of Nordic.
The position is based in Sandnes and offers flexible office solutions.
Key responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- The VP Technical and Training is appointed by Nordic Unmanned ASand is responsible for all foresee that all RPAS are maintained according to appropriate regulations, manuals and procedures and make sure RPAS-Operators are trained and ready to operate RPAS operations.
- The VP Technical and Training is responsible for the formulation, distribution and execution of policies regarding maintenance and training.
The role and responsibilities of the VP Technical and Training are:
- ensuring that the operator’s maintenance are conducted in compliance with The Civil Aviation Act and applicable regulations,
- ensuring the maintenance of company Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) in accordance with the manufacturer specifications.
- ensure all RPAS operators and maintenance staff is trained,
- develop and maintain training syllabus for all training activities
- maintaining a complete and up-to-date reference library of operational documents as required by CAA for the class of operations conducted; and being the point of contact between the operating company and CAA for maintenance and training activities.
- the development of maintenance and training procedures related to the operation of the company’s RPAS in accordance with the manufacturers, authorities and company requirements.
- the company management system is afforded a high priority in the general running of maintenance and training operations and that employees appointed for its operation are given sufficient time to carry out their duties.
- ensure that contracted activities and services provided to the maintenance and training department meet appropriate standards.
- ensure proper control all company RPAS maintenance, either scheduled or unscheduled.
- ensure oversight over all RPAS in Nordic Unmanned fleet.
- ensure personnel performing maintenance on the RPAS are competent
- develop, enforce and monitor RPAS maintenance standards,
- ensure production of RPAS components and system are performed in accordance with manuals,
Desired experience and qualifications – What do you bring to the table?
- Leadership experience from relevant industry
- Relevant university degree is an advantage
- Be a safety and quality leader in Nordic Unmanned and promote our safety and quality culture.
- Accelerate the growth of the Business Area beyond expectations.
Personal qualities – Who are you?
- You are systematic, accurate and highly motivated
- Thrive in a high pace and shifting environment
- Cultural understanding and respect
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexible and solution oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (digital, written, and oral skills)
- Drive to research, learn and find the best solutions
- A trusted team player with humor
Candidates will be considered continously and may be interviewed prior to the deadline. We encourage you to send your application at your earliest convenience.
If we are to succeed in our ambitious growth goals, we require a diverse team. Nordic Unmanned considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.