The Head of Lightweight is accountable for delivering the activites necessary to meet all the targets of the areas of operations safely according to Nordic Unmanned’s quality standards.
The Head of Lightweight Flight Operations reports to the COO and functionally to the Nominated Post Holder flight operations, of Nordic Unmanned.
Key responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Ensuring that the operator’s air operations are conducted in compliance with The Civil Aviation Act and applicable regulations,
- Ensuring the Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) used in Lightweight operations is ready and serviceable in accordance with the manufacturer specifications.
- Maintaining a record of qualifications held by each Remote Pilot (RP),
- Ensure that adequate trained resources are avaiable for planned activities,
- Monitoring operational standards, supervising and training RP employed by the operator
- Be up to date on emerging RPAS technology within lightweight operations
- Maintaining a complete and up-to-date reference library of operational documents as required by CAA for the class of operations conducted
- Review and approve risk assessments
- The development of procedures related to the operation of the company’s lightweight RPAS in accordance with the manufacturers, authorities and company requirements.
- The training, education and development of the personnel reporting directly to him/her.
- Support commercial team on commerical opportunities,
- The company management system is afforded a high priority in the general running of flight operations and that employees appointed for its operation are given sufficient time to carry out their duties.
- Ensure that contracted activities and services provided to the department meet appropriate standards
Desired experience and qualifications – What do you bring to the table?
- Leadership experience from relevant industry
- Relevant university degree is an advantage
- Be a safety and quality leader in Nordic Unmanned and promote our safety and quality culture.
- Accelerate the growth of the Business Area beyond expectations.
Personal qualities – Who are you?
- You are systematic, accurate and highly motivated
- Self-driven and result oriented
- Strong analytical skills on an operational level
- Thrive in a fast-paced and shifting environment surrounded by a supportive team
- Ability to work independently and trust own judgement
- Positive attitude and service minded
- Flexible and solution oriented
- Commercial mindset
- A trusted team player with humor
If we are to succeed in our ambitious growth goals, we require a diverse team. Nordic Unmanned considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.