To support our exceptional growth journey, we need to acquire and develop the best talent and create the best possible workplace. To help us on our journey, we are now looking for Data Acquisition Manager. The purpose of the position is to be a member of the Operations Center team in being the central hub in Nordic Unmanned operations.
The role will report to the VP OC.
As part of the Operations Center team, you will have a key role in making sure the data generated by the RPAS payload has the required quality. You will build the bridge between the Payload Operator (or Remote pilot in case of operations with a smaller UAV) and the end user of the data (the data processor). As part of the process you will be responsible to establish a team of Payload Operators which you will then manage.
The position is based in Sandnes and will include shift work.
Key responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
Ensure the data which is being collected has the consistent quality as required by the end user
- Assess the type and quality of the data this is to be acquired
- Establish and maintain procedures for Payload Operator and/or Remote Pilot to operate is such a way as to deliver quality data
- Establish a team of Payload Operators
- Brief the Payload Operator/Remote Pilot on how to acquire the required data
- Monitor that the required data has been collected
- Ensure the data is being transferred and stored in a secure way
- Provide the end user (data processor) with the requested data
- Manage 3rd party suppliers for data processing
- Ensure the total volume of data for each mission is securely saved, archived for future use and is accessible when required
Desired experience and qualifications – What do you bring to the table?
- In depth knowledge on requirements on data for end user (3-D modeling, measuring gasses, visuals etc.)
- In depth knowledge on available payloads which can generate the required data (LIDAR, EO/IR, RADAR, etc.)
- In depth knowledge on what type of data is generated by the payload
- Hands on experience in briefing/flying data collecting missions
- Have a good understanding on how data management and data processing is done
- Steer internal and/or external data management & storage system
- Be fluent in English
Personal qualities – Who are you?
- You are systematic, accurate and highly motivated
- Self-driven and result oriented
- Strong analytical skills on an operational level
- Ability to think wholistically and work with details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (digital, written, and oral skills)
- Thrive in a fast-paced and shifting environment surrounded by a supportive team
- Ability to work independently and trust own judgement
- The ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Interest to adopt knowledge of the business’ operational/technical work scope
- Positive attitude and service minded
- Flexible and solution oriented
- Commercial mindset
- A trusted team player with humor
If we are to succeed in our ambitious growth goals, we require a diverse team. Nordic Unmanned considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.